A Comprehensive Solution
IsoTracker ISO 9001 Document Control software handles the process of document control in a logical and easy to use fashion. IsoTracker builds up version information as each new version of a document is imported into the document control module. It assigns approvers and permits your draft documents to be reviewed and electronically approved before publication. All the time facilitating easy search.
The job of moving from existing legacy systems, such as paper documents or electronic files held on shared drives, is easy. They are imported into the document control module that sits on our servers where they are encrypted and stored and where access to them can be controlled and restricted.
IsoTracker opens the documents for viewing by invoking the native applications they were created in. In fact our document control software integrates with any application that can be viewed over the Web, e.g. Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat PDF, HTML, .jpg, .mpeg and others.
Documents held and accessed using the document control software module may be traditional text based documents, spreadsheets, drawings, flowcharts, project plans, multimedia files and more.
Security and Control
The Document Control security features ensure that document change and distribution can only take place when authorised, such as:
- Managing the introduction of new documents
- Controlling the editing or changing of documents
- Restricting the availability of documents to authorised personnel only
Access to the document control module and to the documents is protected by user specific login and access permissions. The documents are also encrypted and cannot be modified, deleted or copied by users who do not have the required access rights. Our system administrators perform daily back-ups and will save your database to disk fortnightly.
- Internet application, which is entirely scalable from a small department to a global organisation.
- Can handle many thousands of documents.
- Documents can be viewed, approved and published from anywhere in the world and at any time.
Standards and Compliance Management:
- Information for Quality Management Systems (ISO 9000), Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001), and Environmental Management (ISO 14000) is supported and controlled.
- Also appropriate for any Standards and Compliance Management system where controlling documentation change and availability is key.
- Any type of document can be held and accessed such as procedures, work instructions, spreadsheets, drawings, forms, etc.
Ease of Use:
- Any type of document or content that is accessible with a Web Browser can be opened and read. These include Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat PDF, HTML pages, .jpg, .mpeg, .dwg and more.
- Works with your existing applications used to create and edit documents such as MS Office documents. Documents are viewed by invoking the application they created in.
- No need to retype documents. Simply Import single or in bulk documents into our secure server using our import mechanism.
- Layout follows a familiar Windows Explorer structure with folders on the left and folder content on the main pannel. Documents can also be quickly listed by using a keyword search.
- On-line creation, review, approval and publishing of documents.
- Quick and easy document retrieval through the use of folders.
- Automatic distribution and notification of published documents.
- Each document is version numbered and the next revision is given the next incremental revision number on the basis of a major or minor version change.
- Strict document control cycle. New versions can only be generated as a result of approval of the changes by relevant parties.
- Document history is automatically updated as information is provided and the document is approved. The document history is available at the click of a button.
- Documents can also be simply reviewed and approvers can enter comments to the author and other approvers.
- Check in/Check out features allow for documents to be edited by their authors while maintaining their original properties and approval details.
- Approval workflow can be set to sequential to follow a hierarchic process or to non-sequential for a flat structure.
- Replaced documents are automatically archived.
Security and Control:
- In addition to protection against viruses and intrusion, all documents and passwords are encrypted on our servers and in transit using SSL encryption.
- Document access is strictly controlled and documents can only be viewed by staff who are given read access rights or modified by employees who are assigned authoring rights.
- Unique username/password combination rules plus automatic user lock-out if the wrong password is consistenly used.
- Daily back-ups of all customer accounts to servers based in a different geographical location.
Most companies will want to purchase a document control software package because it speeds up the maintenance of a quality management system. What they are in fact looking for is something that will make it less costly to maintain formal (e.g. ISO 9000) standards. They will also be looking for an improvement in the important security aspects that ensure that only the latest version is promptly available for viewing and that only approved viewers have access to key documentation.
Reduced Administration Costs
- General reduction of administrative time and overhead which means greater efficiency and hence lower costs.
- Eliminating the paper trail of manual systems reduces the amount of supplies required to maintain your documents i.e. less paper, copying, mailing etc…
- Archiving costs are eliminated.
- Eliminating document distribution logjams saves time and translates directly to cost efficiencies.
More Efficient Operations
- IsoTracker makes it quicker to locate information. No more frustration inherent in finding a paper document. You don’t have to search across your network files as our search facility means that every document held in a folder that a user has access to is only a quick search way.
- Distributing paper copies of documents is not only costly, it is also slow. Circulating papers around a company can take days and within that delay different people could be working with different procedures. IsoTracker ensures that all users are always viewing the latest version of an approved document. It helps you avoid costly mistakes.
- Greater responsiveness makes it easy to introduce new employees to the system and make them productive earlier. This will result in significant improvements in individual productivity.
- IsoTracker has several layers of security starting from the login sequences to access rights to the folders holding the documents. This means that only known and approved users will be able to, first, access the system and then, second, view what may be proprietary documentation that are held in the folders. Users without access to a folder will not be able to view the documents held in that folder.
- The controls applied to the use of passwords such as system lock-out if the wrong password is consistently used and the restrictions on duplication of ID/password combinations means the risks of unauthorised users entering the system are massively reduced.
- Documents and passwords are encrypted on our servers and in transit over the Internet using SSL encryption. This is similar security that banks and credit card companies use.
- Daily back-ups are performed of all customer data to servers based in a different geographical location.
Yes. IsoTracker should be used wherever documents need to be managed and their legitimacy and accuracy checked prior to distribution.
The retrieval time will be dependent on the speed of your Internet connection and the application in which the document was created. IsoTracker uses standard applications, which ensures the fastest retrieval time possible.
Yes, that is the wonder of the web. Anybody, who is an identified isoTracker user with Internet access will be able to use the document management system wherever they are located and at any time.
As long as the sub-contract partners have access to the Internet and are identified users within isoTracker, then they may view the controlled documents to which they have been granted access.
EASE OF USE
IsoTracker has been designed to make life as easy as possible for all users. The use of folders means that users do not have cluttered screens and only see the documents they have been given access to. This also applies to user roles such as System Administrator, Approver, Document Administrator, Viewer, etc…where their tools will only appear on their respective isoTracker screens if they have been assigned that role.
No. IsoTracker uses standard applications such as MS Word, Excel, Visio, and many others to create, edit and view documents. Existing documentation are directly imported without the need for re-typing or formatting. Imported documents are effectively copied over to our server where they are held securely.
Changing access to different groups to reflect a change in responsibility is easily done. Staff that have left are first deleted from their respective groups and then deleted from the list of available users.
DOCUMENT ACCESS AND SECURITY
Yes. All content is placed in folders and individual users or user groups are given access to these folders. A user not included on a folder’s read access list will not be able to view its constituent documents.
Yes, there are three different access levels for documents. The first are the users with Write access to folders and documents who can create and manage folders and the documents held within those folders. These write users can check-out their documents, modify them and then check them back in. The second are the approvers who can review a document and then either approve or reject it. Finally, there are the normal users who have read-only access to documents who can only view those documents and issue change requests.
Each time an activity involving a document takes place, a record of that activity is automatically made. All the document attributes, such as the author, the approval actions, the version details, are recorded as well as when and by whom a document had been checked out and then checked back in.
Access to each document is strictly controlled through isoTracker and no changes can be made to any document without the correct procedures being followed. All documents are stored securely and can only be amended by users who have write access to the document.
Yes. IsoTracker archives prior versions to a special access restricted archives zone where they are kept securely for as long as required.
A document's approval rules are set by an Approval Type within which there is no limit to the number of approvers. An Approval Type can be set to inform approvers in a sequential or a non-sequential order.
Any communication of changes within isoTracker such as the posting of a document requiring approval, the approval of a change request, a reminder to check-out or check-in a document or the issue of an updated version, is displayed on the concerned user’s Summary page as well as by email notification.