An Investment in People
People are your most important asset. They perform all the important functions that make your company a success. Therefore, ensuring that your staff are knowledgeable and that they comprehend what is required of them is essential to achieving success.
Our Competency Assessment Software addresses this matter by allowing you to construct skills tests based around Competencies and Job Roles. The skills assessment tests are entirely user-defined with various question formats including multiple choice, text entry and simple true or false answers. They are scheduled to be run at an optimum time in the future, can include personnel on multiple work-sites.
Each Assessment is assigned to a Job Role that has one or more Competencies which, in turn, have Tests attached to them. Each Test can have as many questions as required. The combination of questions asked at each Assessment is safely stored so that it can be reconstructed for audit purposes.
When an Assessment is scheduled a Job Role and an employee are selected and then the desired Tests. A Test can have a specific duration and will close automatically when the period has been exceeded or it does not a duration restriction and all questions must be answered before completion.
An Assessment once completed can then be routed to the CAPA workflow process so that any important issues can be resolved in a transparent and effective manner.
The system allows Tests to be rescheduled and Assessments to be repeated in the future.
Try our Competency Assessment Software now with a 60 day free trial.
- Select employees who should have Trainer status and then have them pass a Trainer Assessment before isoTracker will accept them as Trainers. Trainers are then permitted to construct and grade Assessments.
- Create Job Roles, assign Competencies to each Job Role and build Tests for each Competency. Match your employees to the variously created Job Roles.
- Attach to Competencies external documents or internal documents held in the Document Control module.
- Each Competency Test’s question bank can vary in size with various types of questions. These questions can be multiple choice with a single or multiple correct answers, True/False or text entry. A Test can be built to have a time sensitive duration and to stop once that duration has expired.
- Assessments are scheduled to run at a time in the future. They are created by identifying the Job Role, the employee with that Job Role and then selecting the Test for each Competency that makes up the selected Job Role. So an Assessment can be made up of multiple Tests with each Test representing a Competency.
Running a Competency Assessment
- Trainees are notified when an Assessment is due to be run. However, once created an Assessment can be run at any time by the assigned Trainee.
- Each Test question is automatically graded except for those questions requiring a text entry. These must be manually graded by the assigned Trainer.
- Once all the constituent Tests are completed, the Assessment is graded and if passed the Assessment is closed.
- Upon being closed an Assessment with the same properties, but with a different number, can be rescheduled to be run at a time in the future.
- Assessments can be taken from any remote location. In addition to field based staff this can include suppliers, sub-contractors etc… who have access to isoTracker.
Corrective Actions, Preventive Actions and Escalation
- A failed Assessment can be routed to the CAPA workflow process first by attaching one or more of the failed questions, then recording the non-conformance and identifying the root cause.
- CAPA requests can be routed to the Trainee and/or to other employees. A CAPA request stays open until accepted as satisfactorily replied to and closed by the Trainer.
- Each CAPA request has a due date which if missed will trigger reminder notifications. A missed due date will also automatically set off an Escalation notification to a pre-assigned employee such as a senior manager.
Training Records and Reports
- Training records are held in isoTracker and are instantly updated when an Assessment has been passed. Training activity taken outside of isoTracker can also be recorded on an individual's training records.
- Extract historical Assessments, spot trends and identify areas of improvement such as frequency of re-Assessment by Job Role.
isoTracker, through the Competency Assessment functionality and Skills Assessment Tests, gives you the opportunity to check that your staff have read and understood the procedures and other documents that affect them. This is an important factor in today’s environment where compliance to internal or external regulations is becoming an everyday requirement.
- Demonstrate competency and ensure that new procedures are quickly integrated into your processes.
- Build-up a strong history of competency testing, establish demonstrable levels of expertise and generate strong customer confidence in your business processes.
- Comply with regulatory bodies that require proof of training (i.e. US Food and Drug Administration).
More efficient Operations
- Automate your competency testing processes and free up your trainers time so that they can spend more time training.
- Identify competency gaps early and address them quickly.
- Greater responsiveness makes it easy to introduce new employees and make them productive earlier.
- Schedule tests easily and get results quickly.
- Ensure a consistent competency assessment approach throughout the organisation.
There is a variety of questions that can be constructed ranging from multiple choice questions with a single correct answer to ones with multiple answers, questions that require a Yes/No answer or a free text entry answer. Finally, questions can be directed at the Trainer in the form of observation questions. All question types, except the text entry and observation questions, are automatically graded by the system.
Yes, each Job Role has one or more competencies and each competency will require one or more tests to be associated to it. When scheduling an Assessment the tests for each competency in the selected Job Role are identified. Tests can then be taken in any order.
Once a User has passed the test, it is rated as Completed. Failed tests can be re-scheduled to be taken again in the future. Once an Assessment is completed and graded any failed tests can then no longer be re-scheduled.
Yes, once completed and graded an Assessment can be re-scheduled at a future date with exactly the same properties (i.e. Job Role, user, competencies and tests). The re-scheduled Assessment is assigned a new Assessment number and can be created whether the prior Assessment is passed or failed.
As with other modules within isoTracker the user required to take an Assessment is notified on the Summary page, by email and by the Assessment being listed on their Action Required page. Once the Assessment is completed teh Summary page notifications are removed. The Action Required page listing is removed only when the Assessment has been graded and closed.
Q. Can I identify a failed question as a Non-Conformance and send it into the CAPA process?
Once an Assessment has been failed then a choice of next workflow steps is presented. These can be identification of the Non-Conformance and then the issuing of a Corrective Action request and a Preventive Action request to relevant users in the system. Each Non-Conformance or CAPA process requires the identification of the failed question(s), responsibility for the action, clear instructions and a date and time that the request must be replied to. If the required reply dates are not met these can then be followed by a series of reminders as well as escalation notifications to previously identified users.
Yes, there is a facility for recording courses and testing results that have occurred outside of isoTracker. This ensures that your training record maintained by isoTracker is up to date and comprehensive.